Frequent Questions

How do I have my water tested for lead?

Water samples from the tap will have to be collected and sent to a qualified laboratory for analysis. Contact your local water utility or your local health department for information and assistance. In some instances, these authorities will test your tap water for you, or they can refer you to a qualified laboratory. You may find a qualified testing company under 'Laboratories" in the yellow pages of your telephone directory. Be sure that the lab you use has been certified by your state to analyze drinking water samples for lead contamination. To find out which labs are qualified, contact your state or local department of the environment or health. You may call your state certification officer to get a list of certified laboratories in your area. State certification officer contact information can also be obtained at
Have more questions? Submit a request