Frequent Questions

We are in the process of buying a house with a well and the present owner shocked the well with bleach. Is there guidance about the practice of shocking a well?

The local public health department can provide guidance on well disinfection using shock chlorination. The American Ground Water Trust (AGWT) and the Water Systems Council (WSC) can also provide assistance with well disinfection. Contact the AGWT at (800) 423-7748 or visit their Web site at www.agwt.org/index.htm. Contact the WSC at (888) 395-1033 or visit their Web site at www.watersystemscouncil.org.
Have more questions? Submit a request