Frequent Questions

How can I find out if my water system is in compliance and providing safe drinking water, other than contacting the water company?

Under the Safe Drinking Water Act, most water suppliers are required to provide their customers with annual drinking water quality reports, or consumer confidence reports (CCRs).  These reports tell consumers, among other things, what contaminants have been detected in their drinking water and how these detection levels compare to national drinking water standards.  The reports must be provided annually before July 1, and, in most instances, are mailed directly to customers' homes. Your water system's CCR may be posted online at  Alternately, to obtain a copy of your water system's most recent CCR or additional information about the system, you should contact your local water supplier directly.  If you have reason to believe that your water supplier is not complying with federal drinking water regulations, you may contact your state drinking water program office.  State office contact information is available by selecting your state at

Have more questions? Submit a request