Frequent Questions

5. How does carbon tetrachloride get into my drinking water?

The major sources of carbon tetrochloride in drinking water are discharge from chemical plants and other industrial activities.

A federal law called the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA) requires facilities in certain industries, which manufacture, process, or use significant amounts of toxic chemicals, to report annually on their releases of these chemicals.  For more information on the uses and releases of chemicals in your state, contact the Community Right-to-Know Hotline: (800) 424-9346.

Have more questions? Submit a request