Frequent Questions

5. How does carbofuran get into my drinking water?

The major source of carbofuran in drinking water is leaching of soil fumigant used on rice and alfalfa.

A federal law called the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA) requires facilities in certain industries, which manufacture, process, or use significant amounts of toxic chemicals, to report annually on their releases of these chemicals. For more information on the uses and releases of chemicals in your state, contact the Community Right-to-Know Hotline: (800) 424-9346.

Have more questions? Submit a request