Frequent Questions

Where can I find a list of EPA partners that provide technical assistance to small water systems?

You can find a list of EPA partners at This list also provides links to the relevant data:

EPA Partners

    • Memorandum of Agreement between EPA and USDA:
      Promoting Sustainable Rural Water and Wastewater Systems

      EPA signed a memorandum of agreement (5 pp, 374K, About PDF) with USDA to work together to increase the sustainability of rural drinking water and wastewater systems. The two agencies will assist rural systems in implementing strategies and tools to allow them to achieve short- and long-term sustainability to ensure the protection of public health, water quality, and sustainable communities.

    • EPA Technical Assistance Centers
      EPA funds eight Technical Assistance Centers (TACs) through earmark grants to provide on-site technical assistance, training, financial planning support and other services for small water systems. The TACs offer specialized technical assistance based on the needs of small systems in your area and provide management training that can improve system performance and efficiency.

Have more questions? Submit a request