EPA strongly encourages people to learn more about their drinking water, and to support local efforts to provide safe drinking water. Your water bill or telephone book's government listings are a good starting point for local information.
Check your water system provider's website or contact your water provider. EPA requires all community water systems to prepare and deliver an annual consumer confidence report, sometimes called a water quality report, to their customers by July 1 of each year.
- The consumer confidence report summarizes information regarding sources used, detected contaminants, compliance and educational information.
- Some water suppliers have posted their annual reports on EPA's website.
Other EPA websites
- Find an answer or ask a question about drinking water contaminants on EPA's website or call EPA's safe drinking water hotline at (800) 426-4791.
- EPA's air toxics website describes health effects associated with inhalation of chromium.
- EPA Integrated Risk Information System.