Frequent Questions

Our water quality has been terrible for days, but the water company says that there is no problem and will not provide any information more current than the 2002 annual water quality report. With whom can I speak about this situation?

Public water systems oversee the drinking water delivered to your home. You should first contact your drinking water provider. If you do not obtain a satisfactory explanation, your next step should be contacting your state drinking water program office, which has the regulatory enforcement authority to ensure water systems in the state are meeting all drinking water standards. [State drinking water program offices can be found at] Also, the Environmental Protection Agency may be able to help. Please contact the Safe Drinking Water Hotline if you need assistance in obtaining contact information.

Have more questions? Submit a request