- The major source of Cryptosporidium, Giardia lamblia, and viruses in drinking water is human and animal fecal waste.
- Coliforms are naturally present in the in the environment. Fecal coliform and E. coli are only found in human and animal fecal waste.
- Legionella is found naturally in water and multiplies in hot water heating systems.
- A major source of turbidity in drinking water is soil runoff.
6. How do pathogens and indicators get into my drinking water?
Have more questions? Submit a request